The projects and participants selected for the June Directors Lab from May 26-June 21 are:
- BLOOD ABUNDANCE, OR THE HALF-LIFE OF ANTOINETTE/John Magary (writer/director), U.S.A.
- CASA GRANDE/Fellipe Gamarano Barbosa (co-writer/director) and Karen Sztajnberg (co-writer), U.S.A./Brazil
- MEADOWLANDZ/Moon Molson (writer/director), U.S.A.
- PARIAH/Dee Rees (writer/director), U.S.A.
- POLETOWN/Daniel Casey (writer/director), U.S.A.
- RETURN/Liza Johnson (writer/director), U.S.A.
- SHOCKHEADED PETER/Frank Budgen (writer/director), United Kingdom
- TSHEPANG/Lara Foot Newton and Gerhard Marx (co-writers/co-directors), South Africa
The Sundance Institute just announced the 13 projects selected for the June 2008 Screenwriters & Director's Labs. Creative Advisors at the Labs are Robert Elswit, Stephen Gaghan, Atom Egoyan and Joan Tewkesbury.
These fellows will be joined at the June Screenwriters Lab from June 21-26 by the following projects and participants:
- AGUA FRIA DE MAR/Paz Fabrega (writer/director), Costa Rica
- ALL FALL DOWN/Jonathan Wysocki (writer/director), U.S.A.
- LOOK FOR WATER/Jennifer Phang (co-writer/director) and Dominic Mah (co-writer), U.S.A.
- THE WHITE CIRCUS/Chris Lavis and Maciek Szczerbowski (co-writers and co-directors), Canada
- THAT YEAR WHEN WE WERE YOUNG/Peng Tao (co-writer/director) and Zeng Wenwen (co-writer), China
"We are thrilled to be supporting such a promising group of filmmakers who bring authenticity, urgency, and innovation to their storytelling," said Michelle Satter, Director of the Feature Film Program. "The June Lab offers a place to fully explore the potential of their material and to develop their craft as screenwriters and directors. It is heartening to know that these filmmakers are fully engaged in the world we live in and have created stories with humor and pathos that will resonate for many years to come."