Brandy lays down sweet vocals on her fifth studio album, "Human." Her singles, "Right Here (Departed)" and "Long Distance" are hot like fire. One thing for certain, she's back and bringing pure R&B/ Pop joy to the masses!
So much has gone on in Brandy's personal and professional life since her 2004 release, “Afrodisiac.” Let's see, she parted ways with her manager and record label, Atlantic; broke off her wedding engagement; was a judge on America's Got Talent; and was involved in a fatal car accident that caused the death of another driver.
That being said, we can understand Brandy wanting to put the drama behind her with this album, "Human." Brandy discusses her latest project on her MySpace page saying,"Being able to express myself and my journey through my music is a feeling I can't describe."
We love Brandy, flaws and all. One of the first things we noticed was that Brandy went at this album solo on the vocals and there aren't any guest artists featured on it. And, you know how when you're checking out a song for the very fist time, you may not be feeling it, but once you give it a second and third listen, that unfamiliar song slowly begins to grow on you?
Surprisingly, that's not the case with "Human." This album is love at first listen. Brandy's latest work strikes a serious tone with adult-contemporary mid-tempo ballads that focus on the common R&B themes of love and heartache. It's full of emotional songs that reach great depths and we really enjoyed its melodies. Wow, it's remarkably on point! Here are some songs you've gotta check out:
THE BINSIDE FAVE 5
01. "Warm It Up (With Love)" (inspirational outlook on the world, up-tempo)
02. "Piano Man" (luv @ 1st listen/ nice bouncy beat/ heavy rotation in the car & on your iPod)
03. "Torn Down" (empowering anthem)
04. "Human" (reflective, beautiful song)
05. "A Capella (Something's Missing)" (Emotional/Brandy shines like a diamond on this track/sings the rhythm, treble & bass, and gives the band the a break)
Once again, Brandy hooked up with the magic man, Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins, who executive produces as well as produces several songs on the album, to help bring her vision to life. The pair share an amazing chemistry when they hit the lab together.
"Human" plays like a musical diary. You can listen to it from top to bottom, no need to skip tracks. This very well done album will put a smile on your face and it's worth every penny. Go cop Brandy’s latest gem, "Human," IN STORES NOW!!
Release Date: December 9, 2008
Genre: R&B, Pop
01. "Human" (Intro.) -:19
02. "The Definition (Cristyle Johnson, Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins) -3:41
03. "Warm It Up (With Love)" (Marvin "Tony" Hemmings, Rodney Jerkins, Jordan Omley) -3:57
04. "Right Here (Departed)" (Evan "Kidd" Bogart, Victoria Horn, Rodney Jerkins, Erika Nuri, David "DQ" Quiñones) -3:37
05. "Piano Man" (Marvin Hemmings, Rodney Jerkins, Jordan Omley) -3:51
06. "Long Distance" (Interlude) -1:00
07. "Long Distance" (Jeff Bhasker, Rodney Jerkins, Philip Lawrence, Bruno Mars) -3:46
08. "Camouflage" (Rodney Jerkins, Claude Kelly) -3:59
09. "Torn Down" (James Fauntleroy, Kevin Risto, Dapo Torimiro, Waynne Nugent) -3:20
10. "Human" (Brandy Norwood, Toby Gad, Jenny-Bea Englishman, Lindy Robbins) -3:47
11. "Shattered Heart" (Rodney Jerkins, Crystal Johnson, LaShawn Daniels) -3:48
12. "True" (Nadir Khayat, Claude Kelly) -3:40
13. "A Capella (Something's Missing)" (Kenneth C. Coby, Tiyon "TC" Mack, Chad C. Roper, LeChe Martin) -3:29
14. "1st & Love" (Christopher "Lonny" Breaux, Rick King, Chauncey Hollis, Jesse Woodard) -3:17
15. "Fall" (Natasha Bedingfield, LaShawn Daniels, Brandy Norwood, Brian Seals) -4:21