Jay-Z's former protege, Beanie Sigel, leaked a diss track against Hov calling him an "average cat". Beanie Sigel wants other rappers to understand that he has a special relationship with his one time employer which allows him to diss a mentor but everyone can't jump on the bandwagon. That is the true meaning of loyalty.
Beanie Sigel - "Aint Ya Average Cat" (jay-z-diss) (RADIO RIP) (LIVE REACTION)
Beanie Sigel is airing Jay-Z out on his new track 'Average Cat,' which he debuted on New York's Hot 97 this morning. In the apparent diss track, Sigel references an incident that reportedly took place at Jay's September 11 benefit concert. "The rapper Shawn called the police on me/ cause I was front row at the Blueprint 3," Sigel raps, claiming Hova tried to have the Philadelphia MC removed from Madison Square Garden the night of the show.
But don't be confused by this new beef. Sigel told Hot 97's "Drama King" DJ Kay Slay that his issues with Jay-Z should not open the door for other rappers to attack Jay. "This ain't the green light for everybody to start making diss Jay-Z records," Sigel told Slay just hours after Hova and Alicia Keys performed 'Empire State of Mind' before game two of the World Series. "This just me taking my brother out in the yard for 5 minutes." [source]
Related articles by Zemanta
- Beanie Sigel Explains Jay-Z Dis Track (mtv.com)
- Jay-Z & Alicia Keys - 'Empire State Of Mind' Music Video (justjared.buzznet.com)
- Jay-Z To Play Madison Square Garden On Album Release Day (mtv.com)
- Jay-Z & Alicia Keys moving censored World Series show to Thursday (whether that be Game 1 or Game 2) (brooklynvegan.com)
- Jay-Z & Alicia Keys Played The World Series (stereogum.com)