Republican Congressman Peter King is being criticized for stepping out of line for comments he made about Michael Jackson on youtube. The politician is furious that the King of Pop is getting media attention.
King recorded a youtube video rant accusing the singer of being a "pervert and a pedophile" despite the fact that the singer was cleared of all charges during a criminal trial.
Michael Jackson fans are mobilizing and raising money to fight against the politician.
Talk show host Bill O'Reilly decided to drink some of the Peter King haterade and get in on the anti-Michael Jackson rants to complain about how the media is remembering the pop star. O'Reilly even goes on to say that he doesn't know why African-Americans are relating to Michael because he wasn't Black anymore because of his rumored extensive plastic surgery.
Last night Bill O'Reilly voiced astonishment at a Pew study showing black Americans to be much more engaged in the coverage of Michael Jackson's death "even though Michael Jackson has white children -- and he chose to have white children -- and the face deal, don't even want to get into."
O'Reilly returned to the issue of Jackson and race tonight during a vigorous debate with Columbia University professor Dr. Marc Lamont Hill. O'Reilly criticized Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson Jr. and others for turning this into a "racial deal," saying there is no racial component and that it's foolish for black Americans to exult Jackson as a black icon when he "bleached his face" and had white children: "You don't become an African-American icon when you do something like that." [source]
Look just because Michael Jackson had his own issues with loving the image he saw in the mirror doesn't mean that the world didn't love him. The talented little Black boy who danced and sang his way into everyone's hearts at the Apollo was the same man-child who died. The world saw the purity of Michael Jackson's heart. We will all remember Michael Jackson at his most beautiful. No one can dictate to the African-American community who can be deemed a pop icon, child prodigy or a political leader. The King of Pop Michael Jackson was all of these things and more. Rest in Peace Michael.
Congressman Peter King is at again, this time defaming the late Michael Jackson, calling MJ a "pervert', 'low-life", and a "pedophile". As Rick Sanchez noted on CNN, Michael Jackson was acquitted of the charges against him. Peter King ought to let Jackson rest in peace, and focus on the needs of his constituents. As we mourn the loss of an American legend, political grandstanding is not what we need right now!
New York Congressman, Rep. Peter King calls Michael Jackson a pervert, child molester and a pedophile on video.
Congressman Pete King called Michael Jackson a "low life" He also said "I think we're too politically correct and no one wants to stand up and say we don't need Michael Jackson". On video Peter King also says "This guy was a pervert", "He was a child molester. He was a pedophile. And to be giving this much coverage to him, day in and day out, what does it say about us as a country?"
King also asks a question to the public in the video, "The bottom line is, would you let your child or grandchild be alone in a room with Michael Jackson?"
Rep. King also said "there was nothing good about this guy" even though Jackson "may have been a good singer" and "did some dancing."
Watch the YouTube video that Congressman Peter King posted on YouTube. What are your feelings on a Congressman making a video like that?
During a CNN interview, Rep. Peter King defended his YouTube video. Although Michael Jackson was acquitted on all child molestation charges, King still believes he's guilty. [source]
Related articles by Zemanta
- Peter King on Michael Jackson: 'He was a pervert' (network.nationalpost.com)
- The King Of Popping His Mouth Off (dailykos.com)
- Peter King Calls Michael Jackson "Pervert", "Pedophile" (Video) (blippitt.com)
- O'Reilly Debates Michael Jackson & Race: 'You Don't Become An African-American Icon By Bleaching Your Face, Having White Kids' (VIDEO) (huffingtonpost.com)
- Pop Killed the King of Pop (themoderatevoice.com)
- Jackson fans pack Harlem for Apollo tribute (cnn.com)
- Jackson's Own Black History Ambiguous (abcnews.go.com)
- Michael Jackson: Black or ... what? (thestar.com)
- Clarence B. Jones: Remembering Michael Jackson -- The Man in Our Mirror (huffingtonpost.com)
- Many excluded from opportunity to get tickets for Michael Jackson memorial services (crookedtimber.org)
- Rep. Peter King (R-NY): Michael Jackson A 'Pervert,' 'Pedophile' (themoderatevoice.com)
- Congressman Peter King Unloads On "Lowlife" Michael Jackson And The Media (alan.com)
- Anti-Jackson Video A Hit, Says Rep. Peter King (huffingtonpost.com)
- My Twitter Tweets for 2009-07-07 (azeemkhan.info)
- N.Y. congressman blasts Jackson as 'pervert' (msnbc.msn.com)